Include user controls and window classes in XSharp VO Forms Editoir XSharp VO Forms Editor

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
mk_schmid

Include user controls and window classes in XSharp VO Forms Editoir XSharp VO Forms Editor

Post by mk_schmid »

Hello everyone,

in order to be able to work with the XSharp VO Forms Editoir after the complete conversion from VO to X#, I have a few questions about the integration of our own user controls and window classes into our VOWindow'/FormsEditor environment, whether the intended path is the right one.

- Enter all derived window classes in a separate cavowed.ivo to have them in the selection when opened by the FormsEditor.
- To get the USINGS we need for our own window classes directly when creating the VOWindow.vstemplate or to create our own templates?
- Since the selection of "Inherits from Class" in the control properties is only "Auto", my idea was to extend cavowed.inf with all our control classes so that you can get them directly via the toolbox.
Christian Schmid
Chris

Re: Include user controls and window classes in XSharp VO Forms Editoir XSharp VO Forms Editor

Post by Chris »

Hi Christian,
mk_schmid wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:38 am in order to be able to work with the XSharp VO Forms Editoir after the complete conversion from VO to X#, I have a few questions about the integration of our own user controls and window classes into our VOWindow'/FormsEditor environment, whether the intended path is the right one.
- Enter all derived window classes in a separate cavowed.ivo to have them in the selection when opened by the FormsEditor.
That's completely up to you, what you prefer to do. To me it sounds simpler to have your controls in the single cavowed.inf, but if it's easier for you to have them in a separate file, that's fine, too.

- To get the USINGS we need for our own window classes directly when creating the VOWindow.vstemplate or to create our own templates?
Only problem I can think of with that, is that installing new X# versions will overwrite the file. But, then again, it won't take a lot of time to replace them again, once every few months.
- Since the selection of "Inherits from Class" in the control properties is only "Auto", my idea was to extend cavowed.inf with all our control classes so that you can get them directly via the toolbox.
It's in the todo list to fill the Inherits from property with all available classes. But also now, you can still enter the required class in the edit box that opens for the property and it will be accepted.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
FFF

Re: Include user controls and window classes in XSharp VO Forms Editoir XSharp VO Forms Editor

Post by FFF »

FTR,
Cavowed.inf holds a section

Code: Select all

[SupplementalFiles]
File00=MyVoWed1.ini
so, put your code in the referenced file to prevent any update nuisances.
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)